The series originally aired weekly on Doordarshan. It is an adaptation of the stories of the life of Krishna, based on Bhagavata Purana, Brahma Vaivarta Purana, Harivamsa, Vishnu Purana, Padma Purana, Garga Samhita, Bhagavad Gita & Mahabharat.
The TV series was first broadcast on Doordarshan’s Metro Channel (DD 2) from 1993. In 1996, the show was broadcast from the beginning on DD National. In 1999, the show moved to Zee where the remaining episodes were broadcast.
SHREE KRISHNA TV SERIAL AT DD NATIONAL TIMING
Shri Krishna serial will start from 3rd May 2020 at 9:00 PM.
Ravindra Jain composed music for this serial. The title song, “Shree Krishna Govind Hare Murari” is popular not only in India but also around the world.
The Shri Krishna is going to re-telecast from 3rd May, 2020 Daily 9:00pm and repeat telecast at 9:00am on DD National Channel, during the lockdown in India due to coronavirus.
From May 3 at 9 pm, watch the story of Lord Krishna’s Leela and His glory, our offering serial “Shri Krishna” only on DD National.
SHREE KRISHNA TV SERIAL AT DD NATIONAL Cast
Sarvadaman D. Banerjee is an Indian film and television actor known for his works in Hindi cinema, Bengali cinema and Telugu cinema. He is best known for playing Krishna in Ramanand Sagar’s hit television series Krishna (1993).
Deepak Deulkar, also spelled Dewoolkar, is a TV serial actor in India. He is famous for his role of Balram in the TV series Krishna.
Sandeep Mohan Played the Role of Arjun in Shri Krishna TV serial.
- Sarvadaman D. Banerjee as Krishna / Vishnu
- Swapnil Joshi as Teenage Krishna
- Ashok Kumar Balkrishnan as Young krishna
- Deepak Deulkar as Balram / Shesha
- Pinky Parikh as Rukmini / Yamuna / Lakshmi / Durga
- Reshma Modi as Radha
- Shweta Rastogi as Teenage Radha
- Paulomi Mukherjee as Devaki
- Sunil Pandey as Vasudeva
- Damini Kanwal as Yashoda
- Shahnawaz Pradhan as Nanda Baba
- Vilas Raj as Kansa
- Sandeep Mohan as Arjuna
- Mona Parekh as Jambavati
- Shashi Sharma as Satyabhama
- Vijay Kavish as Shiva
- Deepak Dave / Sagar Saini as Narad
- Vijay Kavish as Ugrasen
- Pramod Kapoor as Akrura
- Mahendra Murlidhar Ghule as Bhim / Hanuman
- Raman Vedprakash Khatri as Yudhishthir
- Govind Khatri as Karna
- Falguni Parikh as Draupadi
- Prem Chand Sharma as Pandu / Nakul
- Jyotin Dave as Indra
- Jharna Dave as Bhanamati
- Radha Krishna Dutt as Maharishi Uttang / Dev Shilpi Vishwakarma / Jarasandh
- Mukul Nag as Sudama / Ashwatthama / Brahman
- Sheeba Chaddha as Vasundhara
- Tarakesh Chauhan as Dhritarashtra
- Raj Premi as Shishupala
- Sonia Kapoor as Subhadra
- Kumar Hegde as Duryodhan
- Deepak Jethi as Dushasan
- Gautam Chaturvedi as Paundraka Vasudeva
- Anuj Sharma as Abhimanyu
- Arun Mathur as Sambara
- Lata Haya as Kunti
- Basheer Khan as Bhamasura
- Shakti Singh as Banasura
- Arvind Raosaraya as Kumbhketu
- J. P. Sharma as Shakuni
- Kanu Patel as Dronacharya
- Girish Pardesi as Kalayavana / Kamadeva / Pradyumna
- Deepanjali Pardesi as Rati
- N. Jitendra as Shalya / Kashiraj / Kripa
- Bhakti Narula as Tara
- Ashok Singh as Mayasur / Dwivid
- Neel Kamal as Rajguru
- Niharika Bhatt as Māyāvati
- Leela Patel as Gandhari
- Vijay Sharma as Vidura
- Sunil Nagar as Bhishma
- Swati Anand as Chitralekha
- Bhairavi Raichura as Gwalan